Why and how to do online benz SCN coding
What is SCN coding?
- Item No. SS99
- Free Shipping
Online SCN Coding for MB STAR MB SD C4 Wireless Star Diagnosis.
It is a one time service, each time cost 89USD for one unit.
Software Calibration number coding, short for SCN coding is intrudes by around 2005. It replaced the previous coding technique with a centralized and almost automated technique to prevent incorrect coding being selected when replacing a module.
When do you need to do SCN coding?
1) Check engine light on
2) Transmission gets stuck in 1 gear. If your have trouble with transmission, there is a good chance that the problem is with you ME control unit and that SCN coding is needed to resolve the issue.
3) Turn the engine and it on again
Why SCN coding is so important?
SCN Codes will now be able to be generated by authorized dealership personnel via any computer with internet access or any NetStar Terminal. This will be possible by the user accessing a secured website utilizing a log-on and password unique to the user. The user then will be able to generate an SCN Code using vehicle data as well as data from the replaced/flashed ECM.
How to do SCN coding?
MBStarTool offers you the perfect solution for ME Control Unit SCN coding: Online SCN Coding Service
for STAR C3/C4/ SD C4
Online SCN Coding Service FAQ
1) If you can not generate a SCN or error message during the process, here is the solution:
Make sure your vehicle is 2003 or newer
Make sure the VIN is correct
Make sure the ECM part number is applicable to vehicle
2) If the STAR diagnostic system not accepting SCN code generated, here is the solution:
Repeat the process and generate the SCN a second time to validate correct number
3) After entering SCN Coding the ECM, the vehicle does not operate properly
Please call the STAR Diagnostic Help Disk
Contact mbstatool technical support